How to apply
Decide on the specific course you wish to apply for. For Masters courses there is no official closing date for applications, although candidates are advised to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment as courses can fill up quickly.
Please apply using the on-line application form. Please make sure you read all instructions for completing the on-line application carefully. If you have any problems with the on-line form please contact us.
Further information: See a sample form [PDF 90KB] ¦ See screenshots from the online application [PDF 2164KB]
Your application form must be accompanied by a number of supporting documents. These are:
- Two references from people who have knowledge of your academic ability. References must be signed, dated and on headed paper. References should be accompanied by a Referee Report Form.
- Certificates and transcripts from all your previous degrees.
- Official English Language transcript (IELTS or TOEFL) if English is not your first language.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A scanned copy of the photograph page of your passport (which must show your full name, passport number and the date the passport is valid until - which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK).
All supporting documents can be uploaded and submitted with the on-line application form or, alternatively, can be sent directly to the Faculty of Life Sciences Admissions Office. Your application can not be considered until all your supporting documents are supplied.
If you are currently studying for your undergraduate degree we understand that you may not have your final result or certificate at the time of application. This will not prevent us from considering your application. In these cases we can offer you a place (conditional offer) subject to receiving confirmation of your entry qualifications at a later date.
For applicants whose first language is not English you must supply an official IELTS or TOEFL transcript to support your application.
For MRes/MSc applicants whose first language is not English we require a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 in each component [or TOEFL (paper) 577, TOEFL (computer) 233, TOEFL (internet) 90]. The University of Manchester's TOEFL code is 0757.
If you are not applying for a studentship, please indicate how you intend to fund your studies.
Once submitted you will receive acknowledgement that your application has been received. Once all your supporting documents have been received your application will be reviewed by the relevant course director
You will be kept informed of the progress of your application throughout the application procedure. If appropriate, you will be invited for interview either in person or via the web.